All of the labs listed here were located through
literature searches and web searches.
- Exercises that were either published in journals or
exercises that were the result of workshops are listed on this page.
- When available, links to PDFs or documents are provided.
- Access to Bioscene, the journal of Association
of College and University Biology Educators, is available electronically
on ACUBE's website
- Some labs that were part of
workshops (Association for Biology Laboratory Education) are available
online. Links to these documents are provided. Additional ABLE - developed
labs that are part of Tested Studies for Laboratory Teaching are
available in hard-copy by contacting ABLE. Abstracts and tables of contents
are available for most volumes on ABLE's website.
- The American Biology Teacher and Journal
of Biological Education are available at most university libraries.
- Exercises were grouped into categories according to
main focus of the lab. Many exercises have multiple applications.
- Short reviews of published lab manuals are provided when possible.
For each lab manual, I have listed the individual labs that have an evolutionary
- Many of the lab manuals are no longer in print or are difficult
to locate through inter-library loan.